- Users of school facilities shall agree to indemnify the school district for any damage to school or other property by any person or persons attending the event/activity.
- A Certificate of Liability Insurance policy may be required by the District, based on the nature of the activity and the number of attendees at an event. The Certificate of Liability Insurance must show that the applicant has procured a liability insurance policy naming the district as an additional insured and providing at least $500,000 of coverage per occurrence and at least $1,000,000 of coverage in the aggregate.
- Applicants agree to assume full responsibility for injury done to any property or person and for any expense incurred by, at, or in consequence of such use of the facilities.
- If a group brings in its own equipment, the District assumes no liability in connection with the use, loss, or damage of that equipment. Any equipment must be removed from site after rental is completed.
In the interest of safety and for the protection of School District property, certain restrictions will be in effect. These include the following:
- The use of any equipment or materials which might damage any part of a school building or grounds. Users of the buildings and grounds are responsible for the proper care of facilities and equipment, including any clean-up.
- Access to any part of a school building other than what is stated on reservation permit.
- Tobacco use in school buildings, and the use, sale, or possession of alcohol or other drugs.
- The presence of any person under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- The use of open flame lamps or open flame candles.
- The sale or consumption of food or drink of any kind in the Auditorium.
- The use of tents in Stadium area, and the use and consumption of food, gum, or soda on the Stadium, Baseball, or Softball fields.
Use or Loaning of School Equipment - Board Policy #742
The outside use or loaning of school district equipment is generally not permitted. However, the Director of Recreation and Community Education may loan items of small value (i.e. basketballs, volleyballs, nets, etc.) to community members for community activities.
Administrators may loan to a staff member an item of equipment if the administrator feels such loan will benefit the School District. Such loans shall require a signed agreement making the staff member totally responsible for return of the equipment in proper working order.
- All activities must be supervised by an identified responsible adult with the group/organization using the facilities, assuming full responsibility for any damage or inappropriate behavior.
- School personnel on duty (custodians or building monitor) will supervise the operation of the facilities, but are not required to supervise the group or its activities.
- Meetings/activities must be confined to the areas reserved. For safety reasons, youth need to stay with the group and must be supervised at all times.
- Areas used should be left in an orderly condition. If additional hours are required for clean-up, an additional charge for personnel costs will be added to the facility use fee.
- A District-employed Auditorium Technician/Supervisor is required for all auditorium facility use.
- Lifeguards are required for every pool reservation, and will be supplied by the Whitefish Bay Recreation Department.
- Outdoor activities may require District grounds staff to be in attendance.
- Facility reservations may be canceled, in writing, up to 24 hours in advance without penalty. All paid fees will be applied to another reservation or refunded.
- When the Whitefish Bay School District is closed due to inclement weather or building emergencies, all facility use permits are canceled.
The District subscribes to the principle that when a community group has a confirmed reservation, it will be honored. Occasionally facility use permits for a scheduled event must be canceled to accommodate unforeseen school sponsored activities or emergency changes. All permits are revocable. If such a conflict occurs, every effort will be made to relocate or reschedule the activity.