School Board Elections
The School District of Whitefish Bay currently has two positions for School Board Members. Newly elected School Board Members serve a 3 year term, beginning April 24, 2017.
Complete packets of information as well as all filing materials are available from the Election Clerk:
- Shawn Yde
- District Office
- 1200 E. Fairmount Ave
- Whitefish Bay, WI 53217
School Board Election Dates:
January 3, 2017 5:00 p.m.: deadline for filing a declaration of candidacy and campaign finance registration form with the school district clerk.
April 4, 2017 Spring Election
Guide for Candidates; A reference from WASB, Wisconsin Association of School Boards
- Qualities of a School Board member?
- What does the School Board do?
- Questions & Answers
- Understanding Board Governance
- Election Dates
Whitefish Bay School Board Roles and Operating Principles:
- School Board- Strategic Role: Holds a visionary and policy-based broad (50,000 Ft.) view of the school district. Sets the charge for improvements by approving long and short-term goals.
- Superintendent/Administration- Tactical Role: Holds a narrower perspective (10,000 Ft.) view of the school district. Creates and deploys the plans to meet the strategic charge or broad goals set by the School Board.
- Teachers/Staff- Operational Role: Holds a detailed (ground-level) view of the school district through their direct work with students and families. Carries out the administration's tactical plans, which meet the School Board's broad goals.
Reference: The School Board Fieldbook- Leading with Vision (2009) by Mark VanClay & Perry Soldwedel
WI Elections Commission oversees Wisconsin Elections
WI Ethics Commission oversees campaign finance