An Exceptional Place to Learn
On behalf of the School District of Whitefish Bay, we welcome you to our educational community!
Our district is known across the state as enjoying high achieving students, supportive families, and excellent faculty and staff. Whitefish Bay is a caring community that is proud of its children and schools, holds high expectations for academic achievement, and is supportive of the arts and co-curricular activities.
The district is an exceptional place to learn and work as a direct result of our people and programming. We are a hard-working, thoughtful team of professionals who are dedicated to continuous improvement and success in all departments, in all schools, and in all classrooms.
District Focus Plan -- Vision
Our district’s student-centered Vision includes:
- Empowering students with the knowledge, skills, and character necessary to thrive in a changing, global society.
- Respecting the diversity of our students and engaging them as individual learners in an innovative learning community.
- Addressing the needs of the whole child in a caring, inclusive environment
District Focus Plan -- Goals
In order to reach that vision, our strategic Focus Plan consists of two key goals, with numerous strategies in place to accomplish these significant goals:
- Academic Achievement and Engaging 21st Century Learning – Every student will meet or exceed comprehensive learning standards to promote future success within our global society.
- Supportive Environment and Whole Child Development – Every student will experience a caring, inclusive learning environment that supports the development of the whole child with balanced attention to physical, social, emotional, and intellectual well-being.
Dedicated to Excellence and Continuous Improvement
We are delighted and proud to share the good news of the School District of Whitefish Bay and our educational community thanks you for your interest in us.
Achievement Highlights - The School District of Whitefish Bay continues to be known as one of the very best PreK-12th grade public school districts, not just in Wisconsin but nationally. We enjoy high-achieving students, engaged families, exceptional faculty and staff, and excellent facilities.
The district is consistently ranked among the top three districts in Wisconsin according to ACT average composite scores. We are the only district in Wisconsin to have earned an average ACT score above 25 for 16+ years as the Graduating Class Composite.
Students have earned numerous recognitions including, but not limited to, Rotary Club’s Service Above Self Award, Presidential Scholar semifinalists, our middle and high school Student Council members holding regional officer positions, perfect (36) ACT scores, and many, many athletic and co-curricular awards, recognitions, and school records.
Whitefish Bay High School continues to appear in several national and state rankings including Top College-Ready Schools (US News & World Report and Newsweek), Most Challenging High Schools (The Washington Post), Pace-Setter School in Advanced Placement (WI AP Advisory Council), District of High Value for the Housing Dollar (Forbes Magazine), and the #1 High School in Southeastern WI (Milwaukee Magazine).
Our district is full of hard-working, thoughtful, caring team members who are dedicated to success in every school, in every department, in every classroom, and for every student. Teachers continue to earn numerous recognitions including, but certainly not limited to, the Herb Kohl Fellowship Grants and National Board Certification.