Music Parents Association
President: Ann O’Malley, firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-7200
Secretary: Carol Ogorchock, email@example.com or 531-1102
Treasurer: Fintan Coleman, firstname.lastname@example.org or 943-7551
Welcome to the Music Parents Association!
Thank you to the many families who joined the Music Parents Association during registration this year. If you would still like to become a member, please e-mail or call one of us. You can also drop off your membership form with the Whitefish Bay High School main office. The following provides a little more information on the Music Parents Association.
What is the Music Parents Association (MPA)?
The MPA is an umbrella organization that was created to:
- Stimulate interest in music at WFBHS
- Serve the program and purposes of the WFBHS Music Department
- Provide monetary awards to qualified music students to be used by them to improve their musical skills
- To assist financially with the music program or facilities in whatever way the high school music department recommends
How does MPA benefit the music program at WFBHS?
MPA membership fees and volunteer efforts benefit ALL music students in band, choir, digital music and orchestra by providing:
- Classroom instruments, computers and AV equipment
- Guest music clinicians
- Scholarships to outstanding music student seniors
- Grants for summer music camps
- Travel stipends for student performance trips
How can I get involved?
- Join MPA! Your $25 membership fee provides financial support for the WFBHS music department. Complete the membership form in the link above.
- As an MPA member, you will be asked to volunteer twice per year in the concession stand. The concession stand is our primary source of funding, and a fun way to meet other music parents. Sign up at the Sign-Up Genius link above.
- Attend an MPA meeting, generally held on the second Wednesday of the month in the Band Room at 7 pm.
- “Like” Whitefish Bay Music Parents on Facebook!
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns during the school year. Thank you for your support of music in our school!
Your MPA membership is appreciated; however, it is not deductible as a charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes.