Visit the Student Council's website to see what's going on.
The Whitefish Bay Middle School Student Council is a group of about 75 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students who work to help our school and our community.
Every student council member works on a committee. Each committee has an assigned task (fund raising, website, teacher appreciation). Notes of the committee meetings are recorded and reported to the entire student council. The entire student council votes on any large decisions.
Student Council Constitution - Purpose
- To develop attitudes of and practices in good citizenship.
- To represent the student body and to provide helpful examples for all.
- To provide representation of student expression.
- To provide orderly direction of school activities.
- To encourage student participation in all school activities.
- To provide activities and services to the students as needed and allowed.
- To preserve the spirit and good name of the school by promoting harmonious relations throughout the school.
- To promote the general welfare of the school.
- To instill and create within each student a spirit of loyalty.
- To organize a method of communication for the student body between students, their faculty, and their administration.
- To provide for better understanding between the students and faculty members.
- To improve relationships among students and between students and teachers.
- For the members of the student council to gain an understanding of parliamentary procedures in attempting to achieve desired goals.