Mission and Goals
Whitefish Bay Schools Physical Education
Physical education will allow each student to improve his or her level of fitness and enable each student to acquire a broad range of knowledge and skills to pursue and enjoy a lifetime of healthful activities.
- Students will exhibit a physically active lifestyle.
- Students will apply movement concepts and principles to the learning and development of motor skills.
- Students will demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Students will understand that physical activity provides opportunities for enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and social interaction.
- Students will achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Students will demonstrate responsible personal and social behavior in physical activity settings.
- Students will understand and respect differences among people in physical activity settings.