Richards School Gr. 4-5 Student Council
Our student council is a group of students who work with faculty advisors to enhance our school community through active participation. The council is made up of members in fourth and fifth grade. All students who successfully complete the sign-up process may serve as council members, and will meet at various times during the school year, typically over the lunch hour.
What are the Goals of the Student Council?
1. Promote School Spirit
2. Develop leadership skills
3. Extend the School / Community relationship through service projects
4. Coordinate school-wide activities
How Can I Get Involved?
There are two ways in which you can get involved!
· One way of getting involved is by supporting the council members and the projects sponsored by the council.
· Another way of getting involved is as a student council member. To do this, please complete the sign-up process by Monday, October 29th, 2012.
What is Expected of Student Council Members?
1. Attend scheduled meetings (see schedule below), for the school year term. In the event that you miss a meeting for an excused purpose, provide a written excuse from your parent. Students may not have more than two unexcused absences from meetings. Arrive promptly ,and actively volunteer to participate.
2. Gather ideas from your class as you represent your classmates.
3. Report back to your classroom about council activities.
4. Serve the council through active participation on your team.
5. Uphold the values of fair play, responsible citizenship, and positive behavior.
6. Maintain responsible study habits through timely completion of all assignments and full classroom participation.
*Students not upholding the above expectations are ineligible to participate as a student council member.
Who are the Student Council Advisors?
Mrs. Miller- Student Council Advisor Co-Chair
Mrs. Wilda- Student Council Advisor Co-Chair
Mrs. Laundrie- Student Council Advisor
Ms. Seghers- Student Council Advisor
Mr. Dillner- Student Council Advisor
Mrs. Bouche- Student Council Advisor
When are the meetings?
Our meetings are from 11:40-12:30 in the Art Room. Bring your lunch and purchase a milk before you come.