• Use multiple criteria to identify students whose academic, intellectual, creative, emotional and
leadership capabilities transcend the regular curriculum.
• Support the implementation of differentiated instruction to challenge students in a manner
that optimizes their potential.
• Sustain a nurturing environment that supports the social and emotional growth and unique
needs of students whose capabilities transcend the regular curriculum.
• Provide staff development opportunities that foster increased ability to recognize, nurture and
support the needs of students whose capabilities transcend the regular curriculum.
• Communicate effectively with staff, students and parents regarding all aspects of student
identification and participation in Gifted & Talented programming.